Feb 5 2019
GDPR Articles that You Can Comply with When You Use CoreScan
CoreScan was designed to help you gain a better understanding of where your PII data is located, who has access to it and how long it is being retained. It’s also helpful in limiting data retention to the time related to the original intended purpose, finding risky files and managing Subject Access Requests. Select an article below to see how CoreScan can help your business become fully GDPR compliant.
GDPR Articles that CoreScan Addresses
Article 5: Principles Relating to Personal Data Processing
- Personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall, in accordance with Article 89(1), not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’);
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by this Regulation in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject (‘storage limitation’);
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
The controller shall be responsible for, and be able to demonstrate compliance with, paragraph 1 (‘accountability’).
Article 15 – Right of access by the data subject
Article 16 – Right to rectification
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Article 17 – Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
Article 18 – Right to restriction of processing
Article 20 – Right to data portability
Article 24 – Responsibility of the controller
Article 30 – Records of processing activities
Article 32 – Security of processing
Article 35 – Data protection impact assessment
Article 42 – Certification
Article 44 – General principle for transfers
Any transfer of personal data which are undergoing processing or are intended for processing after transfer to a third country or to an international organisation shall take place only if, subject to the other provisions of this Regulation, the conditions laid down in this Chapter are complied with by the controller and processor, including for onward transfers of personal data from the third country or an international organisation to another third country or to another international organisation. All provisions in this Chapter shall be applied in order to ensure that the level of protection of natural persons guaranteed by this Regulation is not undermined.
Article 45 – Transfers on the basis of an adequacy decision
See How CoreScan Can Help with GDPR Compliance for Yourself
Learn about CoreScan’s many features and benefits, so you can make a more informed choice about how you stay GDPR compliant.